Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Evaluation Blog

Most favorite poem- “My Papa’s Waltz” because it was about a father and his child and my dad and I are very close, it was just a touching poem.

Least favorite poem- “Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird,” because it was so repetitive and for me it was hard to understand.

Most favorite short story- Popular Mechanics, because this short story seems to be so popular in the current society and it was an easy story to engage with and to follow.

Least favorite short story- “A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings,” because it was such a fictional story and I tend to less enjoy the more fictional stories and books.

Death of a Salesman- I think that reading and watching Death of a Salesman was a good thing and a good way to present the drama unit.

Watching both Bartleby and Death of a Salesman was a good way to show the differences that can be present in a film version and also a way to create a deeper understanding of the story line.

My favorite in class activity was the small groups when we made the storyboards and my least favorite class activity is when we had all class discussions.  I was okay with our small groups not doing presentations and the small group discussions instead being led by a list of questions.

I really enjoyed the blog posts, they were creative and seemed like less of an assignment. My favorite post s were the ones where we had to create an imitation/parody for a poem already written.

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed looking at your story boards for "Lone Ranger..."

    ReplyDelete